Wednesday, March 26, 2014

REVIEW: Lorac Pro Palette

There are so many palettes out there and with only a handful actually worth purchasing, I decided to do a review on one of the more popular assembled eye shadow offerings - the LORAC Pro Palette. I am not one to "ooooo ahhhh" over the popular palettes. I don't own the Naked 2, Naked 3



This used to be a hell of a lot more accessible. However, since Lorac is no longer available at Sephora, I had to purchase it from Amazon.com. After the taxes and the conversion, this smooth, black palette was mine for $67 Cdn.

Packaging
Sleek and thin, gets bonus points from me as I am not a fan of bulk. The closure seems magnetized and the case's material feels like cardboard. The net weight of the product is 8.8g and came with a mini eye primer (5.5g).

Shadows
16 neutral eyeshadows, 8 of which are matte and 8 shimmer. They are soft without the fallout and highly pigmented. Each can be used wet or dry. The black is not the richest nor the most pigmented black I have used, but it is still great for lining and adding dimension. Whilst the textures are fab, the colours are nothing new or exciting, but is this why one would buy it? No. For me, it is great for that person who doesn't want to bother with carrying a shit load of shadows or whom doesn't have nor want a ridiculous amount of makeup. Or it is for that Makeup Artist who wants neutrals for weddings.
 
My favourite colours are:
  • Lt. Bronze
  • Nude
  • Taupe
  • Espresso
  • Pewter 
  • Slate

Overall, LORAC Pro Palette versatile and great for travelling. However, if you have a good collection of nude/neutral shadows, then don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment