Saturday, January 5, 2013

Makeup Madness

Happy New Year!! I hope you all had a lovely holiday with your family and friends. I know I certainly did.

Okay, I knew when I landed in Toronto I was going to do some serious makeup shopping. It's not that where I reside doesn't have Sephora, Holt Renfrew or MAC, but Toronto just has more of it. Plus, I received tons of gift cards and I couldn't let them go to waste ;)

MAC Pro Store

I was almost giddy. I had my list and I was ready to get started.



Mineralize Blush $28 Cdn - Warm Soul- I am underwhelmed by this. I was happy it was more of a glow, but the colour shows too orange on me.
Lip Mix $18 Cdn- white and black
MAC Pro Powder Blush $21 Cdn- taupe for contour. Works perfectly for fair girls.
Pigments (glitter) $25 Cdn- reflects gold, reflects transparent teal
Paint stick $25 - Deep Brown- for contour. Blends easily and creamy. Love this for contour


Holt Renfrew



Chantecaille Just Skin (Bliss)- $82 Cdn. Pick up your jaws,  I know. It is lovely but it is a tinted moisturizer - nothing more. In Canada, the SPF 15 is covered, no DIN.  I will happily use it and Bliss is a good match. However,  I can only wear this in the winter, as I would look very greasy in the summer. Sheer coverage and "anti smog" claims. My problem is with the price tag, not the product.


Burberry - $33 Cdn for eye shadows, $54 Cdn for blush. rosewood, taupe brown, almond eyeshadow and tangerine blush
I have to say these products are luxurious and I adore Burberry's aesthetic. Burberry powders are finely milled and heavily scented. The eye shadows are sheer and blend beautifully. Same for the blush. Gorgeous but I feel I can find these colours and textures elsewhere for less.



Sephora at the Eaton Centre was a gong show- crazy busy but it had everything -Illamasqua, Shu Uemura, Becca, Armani, and oh so much more. The Make Up For Ever section was incredible, it contained pro products and it was set up as a makeup studio.
I have to say I was a little disappointed with Illamasqua. I wanted their skin base, but once I saw mineral oil in its ingredients, I had to leave it there.



I picked up the Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse in beige $46 Cdn. I love the lightness of it and it doesn't leave a grey/white hue behind.

 Thank you for reading and please comment.
xo Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment